EDUCATIONAL-THERAPEUTIC GROUPS FOR PERSONS WITH MENTAL ILLNESS
From the end of the year 2014 there will be 2 groups of this course for people with mental illness. Another group will be started from the year 2015. Groups will take palce 1x per week 4 learning hours for the duration of 10 months. In every group there will be 5-8 persons and the groups will be closed. The groups will be lead by a psychologist.
The groups will take place at 1177 Lipovska street, Jesenik
In what can the participation in the course be useful for me?
- I will get useful information what the mental illness is and what types we know, what their symptoms are, causes, duration and prognosis
- I will find out about the options of treatment, what services I can use and to whom I can refer to
- We will dedicate time on how to prevent relapse and how to reach recovery
- We will speak about stress and its influence on the mental illness, how to manage crisis, how the family and relatives are important in the process of recovery, what the self-help groups are, what the drugs, alcohol and other addictive substances carry as a risk
- I will meet new people who have simile problems as me
- I will be a member of the group to which I can trust, where I can open myself and talk enough
- I will have a chance to solve my problems and also better prevent relapse of my illness
- Apart from this, we will take time to learn communication skills, training of the cognitive functions, we will play games, watch the movies the theme of the mental illness, there will be literature available about mental illnesses etc.
EDUCATIONAL-THERAPEUTIC GROUPS FOR FAMILY MEMBERS AND CLOSE FRIENDS OF THE MENTALLY ILL PERSONS
As of the December 2014 there will be also educationally therapeutic groups for families and relatives with mental illness in Zahrada 2000. The 1st group will take place on the 10th December 2014 from 15.00 at 1177 Lipovska street, Jesenik (previously gasworks).
The groups will meet 1x per month, for the period of 18 months. In every group there will be 5-8 persons (maybe even more) a groups will be open (it is not necessary to participate in all groups, it is possible to come once, several times)…The groups will be lead by psychologist – Dr. Lenka Turkova
In what can be my participation in groups be useful for me?
- I will meet with new people who have similar problems as me and who have a person with a mental illness in their close vicinity
- I will get useful information about what the mental illness is, I will find out what treatments there are, what services a mentally ill person can use and who they can approach.We will take time to how to prevent relapse and how to reach recovery and how the family and relatives can be helpful to us
- We will also talk about important the family and relatives can be in the process of recovery
- We will spend time on how to deal with a relative person with a mental illness, we will have a chance to share our experinces and ideas with other people who have a similar experience
In case of interest in participating in the groups and for more information, please contact us: email@example.com, 775 148 189